CPSWeek 2013 - Philadelphia, PA
Leading researchers from around the world will meet in Philadelphia for a weeklong conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) - built-in intelligent computer/communications technology, that promises to enhance efficiency while simplifying daily life.
The CPSWeek brings together five leading conferences - HSCC, ICCPS, IPSN, HiCoNS, and RTAS - as well as several workshops & tutorials on various aspects on the research and development of cyber-physical systems: Embedded Systems, Hybrid Systems, Real-Time and Sensor Networks.
Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) are engineered systems whose operations are monitored, coordinated, controlled, and integrated by a computing and communication core embedded in all types of objects and structures in the physical environment. Such systems must be operated safely, dependably, securely, efficiently and in real-time. Advances in this field will have great technical, economic and societal impacts in the near future.
HSCC - 16th ACM International Conference on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control
ICCPS - 4th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems
IPSN - 12th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks
HiCoNS - 2nd Conference on High Confidence Networked Systems
RTAS - 19th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium
The submission deadline for the conferences is Oct 15th, 2012 GMT-12.
WORKSHOPS & TUTORIALS
The CPSWeek 2013 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania will include a workshop and tutorial day on April 8, 2013. Each workshop will provide an arena for presentations and discussions about a special topic of relevance to CPSWeek. Each tutorial will present in-depth content in a mini-course format aimed primarily at students, researchers, or attendees from industry. Registration to workshops will be handled in connection with registration to the conference part of CPSWeek. The CPSWeek 2013 reserves the right to cancel non-viable workshops/tutorials.
The Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing Hotel is located in the heart of the historic miles in Philadelphia. From the hotel room, you can see the stunning city and water views. Just steps away, you can explore the icons of our nation's foundation, such as the Liberty Bell Center, the Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, the National Constitution Center or the Old City Philadelphia. The hotel is surrounded by numerous galleries and boutiques, theaters, shops, restaurants and an intriguing nightlife. The Philadelphia SEPTA subways and buses are also within a couple of blocks of the hotel, allowing you to experience downtown Philadelphia from an exceptional location.
Plenary sessions will be held in the adjacent Seaport Museum. Founded in 1960, the museum is the region's primary repository of art, artifacts and archival materials documenting the diverse maritime history of the Greater Delaware Valley, and the history of the Port of Philadelphia and the other major urban ports of the Delaware River.
- Oleg Sokolsky, University of Pennsylvania, USA [General Chair]
- (Liz) Wai-Ping Ng, University of Pennsylvania, USA [Cheif Coordinator]
- Xue Liu, McGill University, Canada [Finance Chair]
- Georgios E. Fainekos, Arizona State University, USA [Registration Chair]
- Shan Lin, Temple University, USA [Local Arrangements Chair]
- Insik Shin, KAIST, Korea [Workshops and Tutorials Chair]
- George Pappas, University of Pennsylvania [Industry Liaison Chair]
- Linh T.X. Phan, University of Pennsylvania [Web Chair]
- Sriram Sankaranarayanan, University of Colorado, USA [Publications Chair]
- Krishna Venkatasubramanian, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA [Publicity Chair]
- Rahul Mangharam, University of Pennsylvania, USA [Social Program Coordinator]
CPS WEEK STEERING COMMITTEE
- Werner Damm, University Oldenburg, Germany
- Bruce Krogh, Carnegie Mellon University
- Insup Lee, University of Pennsylvania
- Ragunathan (Raj) Rajkumar, Carnegie Mellon University
- Sang Son, University of Virginia
- Jack Stankovic, University of Virginia
- Feng Zhao, Microsoft Research [Chair]
- Wei Zhao (CPSWeek 2012 General Chair), University of Macau, China