The Partnerships for Innovation (PFI) program within the Division of Industrial Innovation and Partnerships (IIP) at the National Science Foundation (NSF) offers researchers the opportunity to transform new knowledge into societal benefits through translational research and technology development efforts. These efforts catalyze partnerships that are expected to accelerate the commercialization of innovations that address significant societal needs.
PFI has six broad goals:
- identifying and supporting Foundation-sponsored research and technologies that have the potential for accelerated commercialization;
- supporting prior or current Foundation-sponsored researchers, institutions of higher education, and non-profit organizations that partner with an institution of higher education to undertake proof-of-concept work, including the development of technology prototypes that are derived from NSF-funded research and have potential market value;
- promoting sustainable partnerships between Foundation-funded institutions, industry, and other organizations within academia and the private sector with the purpose of accelerating the transfer of technology;
- developing multi-disciplinary innovation ecosystems which involve and are responsive to the specific needs of academia and industry;
- catalyzing professional development activities, mentoring, and best practices in entrepreneurship and technology translation for faculty, students and researchers; and
- expanding the participation of women and individuals from underrepresented groups in innovation, technology translation, and entrepreneurship.
We are pleased to let you know that a new PFI solicitation (NSF 18-511) has been published and it is available here: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2018/nsf18511/nsf18511.htm
The cognizant Program Officers of the PFI program are:
Prakash G. Balan, telephone: (703) 292-5341, email: email@example.com
Jesus V. Soriano, telephone: (703) 292-7795, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will provide additional information and the dates of live webinars very soon.