Background and Objectives
The International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC) was founded in 2004. The aim of the colloquium is to bring together practitioners and researchers from academia, industry and government to present research results, and exchange experience, ideas, and solutions for their problems in theoretical aspects of computing. Beyond these scholarly goals, another main purpose of the conference is to promote cooperation in research and education between participants and their institutions, from developing and industrial countries.
The event takes place every year. Each conference attracts between 50 and 100 participants from all over the world. We now invite proposals from any group or institution wishing to host this event. The priority is for the event to be located in a developing country. It usually combines a regular three-day scientific conference with related activities such as tutorials over another two-days and a summer school over the previous week. Innovation in the format and content is encouraged.
Proposals will be evaluated by the ICTAC steering committee.
Proposal Format and Submission
Proposals should be no more than four pages in length and should contain:
- Brief description of why the event is of interest to the proposer.
- Vision for the event, including its aims, the expected format and scale.
- An estimation of expected attendance, based, for example, on presence of a local community in the area and costs of travel to various parts of the world and local expenses.
- A description of the relevant qualifications and experience of the proposers, especially regarding conference organisation logistics.
- A description of the facilities that will be available for the event and to support the organizers.
- The contact information of the proposed organising committee. Please, note that the choice of a PC chair will be subject to later discussion with the Steering Committee and should not be part of this proposal.
Please send your proposal (in PDF format) and any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of proposals: 31 January, 2018
- Notification of results: 28 February, 2018
- Ana Cavalcanti, UK
- Martin Leucker, Germany
- Zhiming Liu, China
- Tobias Nipkow, Germany
- Augusto Sampaio, Brazil
- Natarajan Shankar, USA
- ICTAC 2017 was held in in Hanoi, Vietnam, 23-27 October, 2017.
- ICTAC 2016 was held in in Taipei, Taiwan, 24-30 October, 2016.
- ICTAC 2015 was held in Cali, Colombia, 29-31 October, 2015.
- ICTAC 2014 was held in Bucharest, Romania, 17-19 September, 2014.
- ICTAC 2013 was held in Shanghai, China, 04-06 September, 2013.
- ICTAC 2012 was held in Bangalore, India, 24-27 September 2012.
- ICTAC 2011 was held in Johannesburg, South Africa, 31 August - 2 September,
- ICTAC 2010 was held in Natal, Brazil, 1-3 September, 2010.
- ICTAC 2009 was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 16-20 August, 2009.
- ICTAC 2008 was held in Marmara, Istanbul, Turkey - 1-3 November, 2008.
- ICTAC 2007 was held in Macao, Macao - 26-28 November 2007.
- ICTAC 2006 was held in Tunis, Tunisia - 20-24 November 2006.
- ICTAC 2005 was held in Hanoi, Vietnam - 17-21 October 2005.
- ICTAC 2004 was held in Guiyang, China, 20-24 September 2004.