Each widget requires certain content which is either automatically populated by activity in your group, or purposely added by the group manager. A "Widgets Reference Table" displays the widgets that are available to add to panel pages. Adding content to those widgets is covered in the section called "Kinds of Pages".
A spotlight slideshow is one example of a widget to which you might want add content.
About Publishing Options
- Publish: Uncheck this option if you don't wish for this content to appear on the VO yet. Useful for saving drafts of content that requires editing before going live/published.
- Publicize on Group Homepage: This option will place your post on your group's homepage in the corresponding section (Recent News, Upcoming Events, etc…)
- Archive: Will remove this post from displaying publicly (or to members of your group) and add it to a historical archive listing. You may also want to type in a date and time in the “Sunset” section to control when your event or news item is automatically archived.
- Display in Slideshow: Will place this post, along with its image (or video), in a slideshow. Must be used with either Publicize to Entire VO or Publicize on Group Homepage options.
- Pin to Top of Lists: This option will make this post appear at the top of content listings, regardless of any other settings. Useful for denoting important content or content that has a "call to action" associated with it.